11/28/10

RECIPE # 1: RISOTTO ZUCCHINI-CHEESE

The first recipe of this blog is going to be the first attempt of a feminist preparing a risotto. Risotto is a false friend: it looks so easy but it's hard to make it because it can easily become boiled rice instead of risotto.


Cut the zucchini in irregular pieces and pan-fry them with two table spoon of extra virgin oil
Once the zucchini get kind of gold, add the rice. One tea cup for person. The choice of rice is quite important. You got to find the type for "risotto". Stir the zucchini and the rice. In this phase I also added salt, pepper and some dried mint. Mint and zucchini are perfect together.

While I was doing this I have prepared some broth aside. I didn't have time to prepare the actual one, which by the way is much better, so instead I used some stock-cube. But it was good anyway.

I add the broth little by little: the most important thing makin a risotto is not to add the liquid altogether. I used a normal ladle. So the rule is : a ladle a time.


Ehi wait a second, I wrote zucchini cheese risotto!  Once the risotto is ready, switch off the fire and add the cheese you like (or you have): I put some mozzarella cheese, some blue cheese and some stracchino. And then a lot of parmisan.




The feminist is enjoying her first risotto. And as a first time, it was not bad at all...at least it was not boiled!


Smell the risotto
Simon Debì

No comments:

Post a Comment